On June 30th, 2017, Postmark’s Heroku add-on integration will be deprecated and no longer available for use. To accommodate this change, we are asking that you transition over to a stand alone Postmark account before that date to avoid any interruptions in using Postmark.
Why are you doing this?
- We made this decision because we want to support all our customers with the same features, and the Heroku add-on limits our ability to do so. The Heroku add-on didn’t support all of our features, including adding more users to your account, having multiple servers, and accessing account level API endpoints.
How do I keep using Postmark?
- Sign up for a stand alone Postmark account here. Follow our transition guide for help switching your Heroku app over to using your new stand alone Postmark account.
How do I log in to Postmark once I have a stand alone account?
- To log in to your stand alone Postmark account you can go to postmarkapp.com and click ‘Log In’ or head straight to https://account.postmarkapp.com/login.
Will I continue to get 10K credits per month for free if I was on the 10K plan?
- When you create a new stand alone Postmark account we will start you off with 25,000 credits. We are also offering an extra 25,000 credits once you have successfully switched over. Just reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim the extra 25,000 credits. These free credits will not renew each month however, so once the initial free credits run out you will need to make a purchase to continue using Postmark.
What if I’m on the free 10K plan and don’t want to convert my account?
- The Postmark add-on will be removed from your Heroku account on June 30th, 2017 so if you have not transitioned to a stand alone account by then, you will no longer be able to use Postmark.
Will removing the Heroku add-on delete my Postmark account?
- Yes. You will want to export any data you need from your account before removing the add-on. You can use our Messages API to extract any sent or processed messages you need from our API.
Why can't you migrate my data over to my new stand alone account?
- We really wish we could but since we're dealing with production data that includes DNS settings and personal information like email addresses for recipients, the potential for something to go wrong is too high. We would have to migrate not only your server settings and activity, but also DKIM keys, API tokens, and Templates. The risk for both of us for something to go wrong in that scenario is just too large for us to feel comfortable doing it.
I am having trouble transitioning over to a stand alone Postmark account. Can you help?
- We’d love to! Reach out to us at email@example.com or get a hold of us in live chat for assistance.