Adding DKIM and SPF records to Gandi
To add TXT records for SPF and DKIM to your Gandi hosted domain, follow these steps.
Obtain the SPF and DKIM records from Postmark
Log into Postmark and navigate to the Sender Signatures section. Click Authentication for the domain you are adding DKIM and SPF records for.
You will then see entries for both DKIM and SPF:
These records will be used once you login to Gandi, so keep the Authentication window or tab open in your browser.
Adding the SPF and DKIM Records to Gandi
- Log in to Gandi and go to the domain’s management page.
- Click Edit the zone
- Gandi does not let you edit active zone configurations, so click Create a new version
- Click Add to add a new record. We will start with adding the SPF record.
- For the Type, select TXT from the drop-down. You can generally leave the TTL as it is.
- In the Name field, enter @
- In the Value field, enter v=spf1 a mx include:spf.mtasv.net ~all
- When you're done, be sure to click Submit. You will see this message:
- Click Add again to add another record for DKIM. For the Type, select TXT from the drop-down.
- In the Name field, enter the Host value you see for DKIM in your domain’s Authentication page in Postmark. It will be in the format of timestamppm._domainkey
- In the Value field, enter the TXT value for the DKIM record from your Authentication page in Postmark.
- When you're done with adding the DKIM record, be sure to click Submit again.
- Once you are done adding both records, click Use this version to begin using the new zone file version:
- To finish verifying SPF, click on the Verify button in the Postmark Authentication page next to the SPF record.
In normal mode your zone file will be shown with each resource record on its own line, like this:
You will be presented with a form:
You will be prompted to confirm:
And should then receive confirmation:
For DKIM, Postmark will check your DNS records every five minutes to see if it is valid. Once it is identified, the DKIM record will be verified automatically.
If everything is propagated and working, you will see a green checkmark in your Sender Signatures page showing that the domain has been verified. You can now also send from any email address on that domain.